Monday, November 3, 2008

What I will miss!

You know what, southern Ontario is a nice place. Ingersoll, my hometown, isn't a bustling place, but it's home. I'm going to miss seeing the community centre where I worked as a lifeguard in high school.

What I'm going to miss about Ingersoll/Woodstock:
- well it's home, it's where my family is. Going to miss walking around the corner to go visit my grandma.
- going to miss driving to Port Stanley and Grand Bend to the beaches in the summer time
- miss eating New Orlean's Pizza
- the colour of the leaves in the fall
- the fields of white snow in the winter


What I'm going to miss about London (the closest city with a night life)
- shopping at Whiteoaks and Masonville malls
- walking down Richmond street (Richmond "Row") in the summer with their cafes and trendy shops
- miss walking through the University of Western Ontario campus
- miss Garlic's restaurant
- the bars that provided much needed entertainment in the evenings on weekends when visiting my family in Ingersoll


Living somewhere for so long, you can begin to take things for granted, but yo

What I'm going to miss about Toronto:
I know, my Toronto friends are tired of my complaints of Toronto, because they are convinced it's "world class", but there are lots of things I will miss - and my list will avoid the use of words like "diversity", "tolerence", "multicultural".
- my first subway ride and streetcar rides were in Toronto, so I will miss them
- the Fringe Theatre Festival - the funnest thing ever! (Yes I know that wasn't proper english)
- walking through Rosedale
- walking through Yorkville (although too poor to shop there)
- the Beaches
- the Danforth for shopping
- the expanded Royal Ontario Museum
- going to to see the Toronto Raptors play at the Air Canada Centre
- Union Station, where my train has stopped numerous times, I love the building's architecture
- Buddies in Bad Times Theatre - my favorite gay bar
- the Gladstone hotel
- Dance Cave
- taking the ferry to the Toronto Islands



What I'm going to miss about Kingston:
- the beautiful limestone architecture of the buildings
- taking the ferry to Wolfe Island
- going to the beach at Sandbanks provincial park in the Summer
- the great restaurants for such a small city - Atomica, Olivea, Grizzly Grill, Woodenheads, Chien Noir, just to name a few
- gay night at the Grad Club
- playing volleyball and Ultimate Frisbee, with Kathryn, Neil, Jenelle, Melanie, Yannick and Sarah. You guys helped to make Kingston feel like home
- my friend Marc who has always been there while I had some hardships.
- working out at Premier Fitness, where I got into the best shape of my life!

2 comments:

Dann said...

Like your blog!

Unknown said...

You never talked about your favourite podcasting drag queen... ME! :P And you never mentioned missing the Canadian boys! I wonder, do you miss the Canadian boys? Or are the Aussie boys better? HMMMM :) lol